ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Saturday 28 July 2012

Isn't that a shame?

Today, I looked after my grandaughter. She's just started walking. Fortunately she was confined to one side of our lounge on carpeting that would not trip her. She spent hours practising walking, launching herself across the space with determination to reach the otherside. I could see her skill improving before my eyes. She loved the feeling of it, the discovery, the surprise, almost, of doing this new thing - walking! Lovely to watch.

I've been walking for 66 years. I've forgotten how fun I once thought it was. Isn't that a shame?

But tomorrow I'm going to register my gratitude to fate, kismet, the spirit of life - whatever - that I can still do it without pain.

(Memo to self - (to do daily) - walk for "fun")

No comments:

Post a Comment