ALSO -The Last Furlong Blog and Life on an alien planet.wordpress

Saturday 8 September 2012

Stoptober - idiot alert....!

This is SUCH a strange place! This morning I awoke to be told by the BBC that we were going to be plagued by a new Government anti smoking drive called Stoptober.

Now, when I was smoking, all this kind of stuff made me more determined than ever NEVER to give up smoking. For the determined smoker, Stoptober isn't going to make a blind bit of difference except more isolation and resolve.

But what absolutely gob smacked me was the quote from the woman speaking promoting the event.

She said " we have proved that smokers who can stay off cigarettes for twenty eight days, have a better chance of quitting smoking, that is the key". Is it me, or is there something VERY strange about that sentence?

I didn't catch her name poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment